Bali. Day Five.

After a busy day of travelling the day before, today we made the most of 'local' day. 

And the best way to enjoy the gorgeous tropical weather is to swim in the pool! Our friends came over to our hotel and we happily splashed about in the pool, and shared lunch together as we overlooked the ocean.


When we're not swimming we have been making the most of spending some time in our wonderful air conditioned room and Eden has been happily sleeping the day away on our king sized bed!


And while Eden enjoys sleeping in the cool, and Ben works on updating his phone, I have begun working on Eden's cross stitch birth sampler. This cross stitch was such a wonderful gift from Ben's parents, received in hospital on the day they came to meet Eden. I am keen to work on it each evening and get it finished soon I hope.


I love cross stitch!

I first got the chance to learn to cross stitch when I was in grade 4 and I went to classes with the lady who ran the local craft store. This was such an incredible opportunity since I grew up on the East Coast of Tasmania, and there wasn't much for children to do and especially regarding tutoring and training. But growing up with a creative mother meant that I have enjoyed being creative alongside my mum for as long as I can remember, and I love that she has helped me to learn and develop my skills. The chance to learn new crafts while young has really been a wonderful gift. I think I might dig out some photo's of the cross stitches I have made over time and share them here soon. 

Gosh, I love holidays and am thankful for time with my little family, friends, and for the chance to be creative!

Comments