Moving House: Additional Book Sale.


Books, books, books!

In addition to the books I posted already today, here are another 18 books I am prepared to part with as we squeeze into our very compact flat. I would really like to find a good home for our books. No book should end up in storage, and I certainly can't pack up and take all my books with me. So, I'm having a book sale! I'm asking $5 per book plus postage, but if you want to buy many I am happy to negotiate a good price for you (Love some African bartering). Some books I bought new and some were second-hand for me... but Ben or I have read most of these them and looked after them, and they are in good-used condition. I am happy to give reviews on any if you want...


1. The Rebels' Hour - Lieve Joris (Illuminated the dark heart of contemporary Congo as seen through the eyes of the rebel leader, Assani)
2. Twenty Chickens for a Saddle: The story of an African Childhood - Robyn Scott (From NZ to Botswana, a great read!) MEL
3. Dreams from my Father - Barack Obama
4. Scar Tissue - Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers lead singer, an incredible life's story!) MEL
5. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down - Anne Fadiman (A Hmong child, her American doctors, and the collision of two cultures)
6. Long Walk to Freedom - Nelson Mandela (Incredible insight into South Africa, Apartheid and the life of Nelson Mandela) MEL
7. A Golden Age - Tahmima Anam (Story set against the backdrop of the Bangladesh War of Independence)
8. Ugly - Constance Briscoe (The true story of a loveless childhood)
9. No Logo - Naomi Klein (A book about consumption, exploitation, excess and branding)


10. The Jesus I never knew - Philip Yancey (uncovers a Jesus who is brilliant, creative challenging, fearless, compassionate, unpredictable and ultimately satisfying) KATHY
11. The consolations of imperfection - Donald McCullough (Learning to appreciate life's limitations)
12. My seventh monsoon - Naomi Reed (A missionary story of a couple from the Blue Mountains Sydney, working, sharing and learning in Nepal)
13. Vision for God: The Story of Dr. Margaret Brand (working with those suffering from leprosy in India)
14. The Calling: A challenge to walks the narrow road - Brother Andrew ("Pay attention to the call of God in your everyday life - and then follow it. Because it is here that we can begin changing the world) LIBBY
15. The Narrow Road: Stories of those who walk this road together - Brother Andrew 
16. Captivating: A guided journal - John and Stasi Eldredge (Unveiling the mystery of a Woman's soul)
17. Traveling Light - Max Lucado (Releasing the burdens you were never intended to bear) KATHY
18. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People - Stephen R. Covey (Awesome book!)

All money I get for these precious books will be saved to go towards our work overseas. If you're keen for books, be sure to check out my other listing on my blog - please leave a comment below for the books you'd like!

Comments

  1. Sold #2, 4 & 6 please. Mel H xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Erica i would like #10 and 17 please. Kathy Alexander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica is No 14 The Calling still available? Libby Paterson

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And I love that you have dropped by to visit my blog. Thanks! E xx