Green Collect.

I work for an incredible social enterprise in Melbourne called Green Collect.  My job is with our African Women's Sewing Enterprise, which has 10 African women who meet weekly to sew with reclaimed & upcycled fabrics. We make gorgeous homewares and bags, and over the past month I've been teaching the women how to sew using upcycled coffee sacks. 

And, after filling up the window in the Green Collective with our coffee sack and patchwork vintage woollen floor cushions, I just had to capture it to show you our handiwork! 


If you're in Melbourne, I invite you to come by and check out our fabulous shop and see our beautiful AWSE products in our Green Collective Yarraville shop (71 Anderson Street) tomorrow night Thursday 1st September. There is a Spring Festival for the Yarraville Traders and shops will be open from 6-9pm.

I will be working in the shop, and Ben will be busking as a Living Statue in the street - good times!

Comments