Kenya.

Kenya has been on my mind a lot this month.

I love East Africa, and I have loved my time, and all the people I have met, in Kenya!

With the drought and famine affecting the Horn of Africa - Somalia, Kenya & Ethiopia - I am deeply saddened and concerned for those suffering.  The women I work with from the African Women's Sewing Enterprise have family and friends in these regions, and I feel even more mindful of my connection to this part of the world. God has put Kenya, and East Africa, in my heart and mind, in my life and my job, and I commit it back to him in prayer, through support and action.

So, I have been looking back through photo's from our time living in Western Kenya in 2009. And I thought I would share some of my favourites -

Alice showing her skills with braiding hair.

Ben with our local Masai.

My crochet apprentices.

Riding the picky picky to work.

African sunset. Breath-taking.

Comments